If you’re an Austin blogger, you’ve probably already heard about the Austin Bleet-Up, tomorrow at 8:30 p.m. at the Mohawk. Heck, if you’re on the Internet you’ve probably heard about it by now.
As someone new to the Austin blogosphere, I think the Austin Bleet-Up would be a great opportunity to get out from under this rock that’s a computer screen and the World Wide Web to meet my fellow Austin bloggers. You, blogger and blog reader who live in Austin, should do the same and here’s why:
– Because drinking and eating are fun, especially when it’s free. Mama Fu’s is providing the free eats and Sweet Leaf and Tito’s vodka are providing the free cocktails. What a team.
– Shopping is always fun and it may be even more fun on the Mohawk balcony full of bloggers. Check out pop-up shops by Prototype Vintage and Rene Geneva Designs.
– I’ve never even been to a silent auction! The Bleet-Up is having one benefiting Girls Rock Camp for a guitar signed by Debbie Harry. Nice.
– Free Lonestar provided by Bird’s Barbershop and a Cory Ryan photo booth make me nervous AND excited about the entire thing.
– Fun Fun Fun Fest ticket giveaway! RSVP to enter!
– Music! Austin Eavesdropper has coordinated this entire event and put together a great line-up for the night:
Learning Secrets DJ’s @ 8:30 in the Green Room
The Lennings @ 9:45
Built By Snow @ 10:30
Corto Maltese @ 11:15
Politics @ 9:45
Sad Accordions @ 10:45
The Great Nostalgic @ 11:45
In addition to all the music, booze, and excitement, I think I am most jazzed about meeting more bloggers. We’ve gotten to know each other only a little through Twitter, Facebook, and the magical blogosphere. Now it’s time to put blogs to faces and have a good time doing so.
There is still time to RSVP to the Austin Bleet-Up, but do it now because RSVPs will close when they hit capacity. Tickets are $7 at the door.